Tournament Bass Angler
Todd A. Walters
719 Millersport Hwy #1
Amherst, NY, 14226
I am a tournament bass angler who resides in Amherst, New York, a suburb of Buffalo, New York. I am currently employed as a Corporate Recruiter with DeBellis & Catherine Assoc., a Buffalo based recruiting agency, specializing in the Insurance and Legal industries.
I have been fishing tournaments for 8 years. During this time, I have established myself as a first class, and well respected tournament angler, winning many local and regional tournaments and awards. I currently fish 15-20 tournaments a year on the local and club level, and B.A.S.S. New York State Federation tournaments.
I also enjoy working promotional events and giving seminars to the general public. When the opportunity presents itself to promote the sport of bass fishing, I do all I can to help
I currently belong to several bass fishing organizations, both on the national and local level. These include:
· The Bass Anglers Sportsman Society, National, 1989-present.
· The Niagara Frontier Bassmasters, Buffalo, NY, 1999-present.
· Western New York Bassmasters, Buffalo, NY, 1999 present.
· Stout Rod Bass Anglers of Niagara County, Buffalo, NY, 1992-1996, 1999-present.
· Operation Bass, National, 2001-present.
I have several years experience in the fishing retail industry these include:
· Dicks Clothing and Sporting Goods, Sales Associate Fishing Department, 1990-1994.
· Chets Fishing and Hunting, Store Manager, 1994-1996, full time. 1999-present, part time.
Currently I am sponsored by Mister Twister / Mepps / Exude. I possess strong skills in angling consistency, salesmanship, marketing and public speaking. I am a dedicated, hard working and energetic individual, who takes pride in presenting myself professionally, even when fishing recreationally.
Currently, I am looking to establish additional, long-term relationships with other sponsors. I am very open on how I can best apply my skills to promoting products for potential sponsors. In exchange, the assistance of sponsorships will help defray my tournament-related expenses as I am working towards a full time career in the fishing industry.
Over the years, I have participated in many consumer promotions and seminars, representing various organizations and sponsors. These Include:
Outdoor Sportsmans Expo
Representing Chets Fishing and Hunting, and Stout Rod Bass Anglers of Niagara County.
Triple S Sporting Supplies Dealer Show
Representing Chets Fishing and Hunting.
The Great Lakes Fishing and Hunting Expo
Representing Chets Fishing and Hunting, Mister Twister / Exude / Mepps, and Stout Rod Bass Anglers of Niagara County.
The Rochester Sportmans Show
Representing Mister Twister/ Exude, and Mepps
Short Term Goals:
· Consistently elevate my performance in all Bass Fishing Tournaments.
· Promote sponsors products through seminars and promotional events.
· Establish mutually beneficial, long-term relationships, with sponsors.
· Qualify for the BFL regional tournament in 2002.
· Continue to promote the sport of bass fishing to the general public, through educational seminars.
Long Term Goals:
· Maintain long-term relationships with sponsors.
· Continue to promote sponsors products through seminars and promotional events.
· Qualify for the BFL All American Tournament.
· Fish the Forrest Wood (FLW) tournament trail.
· Fish the Everstart Series tournament trail.
· Fish the B.A.S.S. tournament trail.
· Qualify for the state team through the B.A.S.S. state Federation.
· Educate the general public through the B.A.S.S. Fishing Techniques Seminars.
· To fish as a Professional Angler, full-time.
In addition to being a tournament bass fisherman, I am an avid deer hunter, who enjoys being outdoors with nature. Other Hobbies include computers, reading (mostly bass fishing related material), most professional sports, and racing cars.
2001 Tournament Accomplishments:
· May 19 Lake Erie (early season, 1 fish), Eleventh place.
· June 24 Canandaigua Lake, First place.
· July 3 Erie Canal (evening), First place.
· July 8 Findley Lake, Second place.
· July 22 Erie Canal (evening) First place.
· July 28 Erie Canal, Fourth place.
· August 1 Erie Canal (evening), Fifth place.
· August 12 Honeoye Lake, First Place.
· August 15 Erie Canal (evening), Third place.
· August 26 Chautauqua Lake, Second Place.
· September 8 Lower Niagara River, Third Place
· September 9 Upper Niagara River, Fifth Place
· September 29,30 Silver Lake (club championship), First Place.
· Previous Years; numerous tournament wins, locally and regionally.
2002 Tournament Accomplishments
· May 18th Lake Erie 2002 Make A Wish Champion (1st Place) 13.54 lbs (2 fish). 90 teams.
· May 18th Lake Erie 2002 Make A Wish Lunker 7.32lbs
My enthusiasm for the sport of bass fishing is immense, and real. I possess the promotional and fishing skills sponsors look for in a field staff angler and have proven I am able to use these skills effectively. My involvement with seminars, promotional events, club associations, etc., reveals my dedication and loyalty to the future of bass fishing and fishing in general. I will be a valuable asset to any sponsor within the industry.
If you, as the potential sponsor, would like to contact me, or require additional information, I can be reached during the day (9-5 e.s.t.) at 1(800) 349-8463, or in the evenings at 1 (716) 310-5296. I can also be reached, via e-mail, at Twalters@dcasearch.com.
Thank you for taking the time to review the resume of Todd A. Walters.